OBSAE - observatory
The commission of TIC Strategy, in accordance with the Royal Decree 806/2014, 19 September on organization and operational instruments of the TIC at the AGE has among its functions “ act as Observatory of the E-government and Digital Transformation ". This gives continuity to the work of the Observatory of E-government (OBSAE) already started with the former Senior Council E-government in accordance with Royal Decree 589/2005.
In his work of analysis and dissemination of the status of the E-government in Spain the OBSAE:
- Synthesizes, analyses and publishes indicators of Electronic administration.
- Realiza estudios periódicos (generalmente anuales) y publica sus resultados en informes que evalúan el grado de desarrollo de la Administración Electrónica y la implantación y uso de las TIC en las Administraciones Públicas considerando los diferentes ámbitos administrativos.
- Published quarterly newsletter with a collection of various sources of key indicators of the E-government in spain.
- Publica mensualmente notas técnicas sobre aspectos concretos del desarrollo de la Administración Electrónica.
- Also publishes occasionally thematic studies on specific aspects of the E-government and articles published in the media and specialized forums.
- Collaborates with international bodies such as the European commission, OECD and the ONU for the definition and subsequent measurement of Spanish proceedings in different international studies.
The Administration Ministerial Committees Digital , Autonomous Communities and FEMP (Spanish Federation of Municipalities and Provinces), the latter under the Sectoral commission E-government cooperate with the Observatory in its activities.