OBSAE - observatory
The committee on ict strategy, in accordance with Royal Decree 806/2014, of 19 september on organization and operational instruments of ict in the AGE among its functions as “ act of the Observatory E-government "Digital and transformation. This gives continuity to the work of the Observatory of E-government (OBSAE) initiated the old High council of E-government under Royal Decree 589/2005.
In its analysis and dissemination of the situation of E-government OBSAE in spain:
- Synthesized, analyses and publishes indicators.
- Conducts surveys (generally annually) and publishes its findings in reports that evaluate the level of development and the E-government deployment and use of ict in public administrations considering different administrative Areas.
- Publishes a quarterly newsletter with a compilation of various sources of key indicators of E-government in Spain.
- Publishes monthly technical notes on specific aspects of the development of the E-government.
- It also publishes occasionally thematic studies on specific aspects of the E-government and articles published in the media and specialized forums.
- Working with international entities such as the european commission, the OECD and the un for the definition and measurement of the spanish proceedings in different international studies.
The Ministerial committees Digital Administration , the autonomous communities and the FEMP (spanish federation of municipalities and provinces), the latter within the framework of the Sectoral commission E-government cooperate with the Observatory in their activities.