Transition to IPv6 on public administration
The transition to IPv6 is not a novel process. Since the late 1990s, share some thoughts in international bodies to certain of the inevitable exhaustion of addressing space IPv4. Several research projects and dissemination of the new protocol and its advantages beyond an area of addressing infinite quasi, however, progress in the number of devices and connected servers remains slow.
With the aim of encouraging the adoption of the protocol, the IPv6 Digital Agenda for europe of the european commission gives the Public Administrations an exemplary role. Both the global strategy for the development of the Information society for Europe, as the more specific European action Plan of E-government include among its actions the incorporation in infrastructure and services of E-government compatibility with IPv6.
In our country,
The agreement of the council of ministers of 29 april 2011 establishes a “ pattern of capacity for mainstreaming IPv6 in spain
”. Along with measures aimed at the general promotion of the adoption of the new protocol for the whole of society, includes the following specific measures for the Field of public administrations:
In the General state administration, the momentum of the incorporation of IPv6 within the infrastructure and services have been expressed in the following points of the agreement:
- (1) Incorporation of the optional IPv6 on Internet services Ministry of industry, tourism and trade - MITYC - and in the portal 060 ministry of finance and Public Administrations - MINHAC -. Both projects will have the status of priority projects and followed by the standing committee of the high council of E-government, being a practical reference for other bodies and agencies of the Public administrations.
- (Item 2) The Portal's E-government Observatory of E-government would provide information on the process of incorporating AAPP IPv6.
- (Item 8) MINHAC, will boost the incorporation of the optional IPv6 in public administrations through Collegial bodies responsible for the E-government. In particular, will initiate studies to provide IPv6 addressing public administrations, update the Plan of addressing and interconnection of networks of the administration and technical standards for interoperability and include within the Plan of action of E-government of the General state administration 2011-15, now under development, the necessary measures for mainstreaming IPv6 network in the SARA. Similarly, shall be defined training actions of those responsible for Internet services for the administration.
- (Item 9) MINHAC, will boost the incorporation of IPv6 as a requirement in the public purchase products and services of information technologies and communications, taking as a reference to this preferably international standards or recommendations.
- (10), Together with MINHAC MITYC will follow-up and coordination in international forums of the process of transition to IPv6 IPv4.