Accessibility of social networks
In the year 2018 entered into force the majority of the provisions of the Royal Decree 1112/2018.
In paragraph 2 of article 3 “ Ámbito objective of implementation ” of that R.D. provides a list of contents forced including multimedia content or temporary basis, meaning “ multimedia content from the temporary base ” any multimedia file of the following types: single audio, video, audio and video, or any of the previous combined with interaction (article 4 “ Definitions ”).
All obligations of the royal decree affect both own information and multimedia content generated by public administrations and disseminate through their web sites and mobile applications, regardless of the technological platform used for this . Therefore, also affects the contents that may be going up platforms like YouTube, Twitter or Facebook, etc.
Moreover, in the case of spain Law 34/2002 of the information society and electronic commerce (additional provision fifth point 6) states that social networking platforms must also meet accessibility requirements, it is a direct obligation for platforms regardless of the use of them from within the administrations.
Youtube allows publishers of contents , i.e. the suppliers of videos, automatically generate subtitles for the video uploaded.
The Observatory of Web Accessibility has generated the that explains in a simple and eminently practice how to bring about the subtitles for videos. With this guide will also learn to edit them to correct any errors that may contain or to include all information relevant contextual and may be required to ensure that this video is accessible.
The use of images in any social network is an important part in the user experience. Twitter has taken into account and allows members of their network add descriptions (alternative language) to ensure that persons with visual impairments might interpret the content of the images or other graphic elements.
In the blog of Twiter, you explain how accessible publishing images. These are the next steps:
How to enable the deed of descriptions of images at twitter.com
- Click the icon of your profile and select Configuration and privacy in the drop down menu.
- Click on Accessibility in the list of configuration options.
- Search the check box Write image descriptions .
- Mark the box to activate or deactivate the configuration.
- Click Save changes .
Adding descriptions of images in Tweets at twitter.com
- Click on the button post a Tweet .
- Attached you (s) photo (s).
- To write a descriptive text, click the image before publishing the tweet.
- Write the image description and click the apply button. To edit the description, re-opens the dialog to preview the image thumbnail before publishing the Tweet. (Has a limit of 420 characters).
- You can add a description to each image in a Tweet.
Content supplied by "Digital learning Plan - forMadrid"