The president of the government, Pedro sánchez, has chaired the second meeting of the inter-ministerial commission for the recovery, transformation and Resilience, the main body of governance of the Recovery Plan.
The objective of the meeting was to report on the plan designed by the government of Spain for the management and development of european funds for recovery Next Generation eu and they pose to Spain the receipt of 140,000 billion in transfers and credit in the period 2021-2026.
The plan, in the words of president of the government, is "most ambitious of the recent economic history of Spain" and the greatest opportunity for our country since the entry into the european Union.
The recovery Plan envisages the momentum of our history in public investment and comes with an agenda for structural reforms that will allow us to achieve five objectives: modernising the productive fabric and the administration, boost the capacity to create quality jobs, increasing productivity and growth potential of the economy, reducing social gaps and gender issues and promote the green economy.
In accordance with european guidelines, the measures outlined in the plan sets out four axes of transformation: the ecological transition, the digital processing, social and territorial cohesion and gender equality. These four lines of work are to be developed through ten policies lever and thirty components that articulate the specific projects of the plan.
The timetable of the recovery Plan provides for the short term, promote healing after the health emergency; for the medium term, comprehensive drive the transformation of our economy; and for the long-term, to ensure that Spain scope healthy development, sustainable and resilient from the point of view económico-financiero, social and environmental policies.
The 10 key investments in the first phase of implementation of the Plan
Recovery Plan, transformation and Resilience
se articula a través de 212 medidas, de las que 110 son inversiones y 102 son reformas. Las inversiones van a movilizar cerca de 70.000 millones de euros en el periodo 2021-2023. Los ámbitos verde y digital serán cruciales y acapararán el 39% y el 29% de la inversión respectivamente; la educación y la formación obtendrán el 10,5% de los recursos y la I+D+i el 7%.
De las 20 principales inversiones que se van a desarrollar en la primera fase del plan, las más relevantes por su presupuesto son:
- Estrategia de Movilidad Sostenible, Segura y Conectada, con unos recursos de más de 13.200 millones de euros
- Programa de Rehabilitación de Vivienda y Regeneración Urbana, con unos recursos de 6.820 millones de euros
- Modernization of public administrations, with 4.315 millions of euros
- Plan de Digitalización de Pymes, más de 4.060 millones de euros
- Road map of 5G, with almost 4 billion euros
- New Industrial Policy Spain 2030 and strategy of Circular Economy, with over 3,780 millions of euros
- National Plan of Digital Skills, more than 3,590 millions of euros
- Modernización y Competitividad del Sector Turístico, con un importe de 3.400 millones de euros
- Development of the national system of science and innovation, 3,380 with millions of euros
- And the deployment and integration of renewable energy, with an investment of 3,165 million euros.
Key reforms for the modernization of the economic and social structure
El capítulo de las reformas que incluye el Plan de Recuperación se basa en la
of the united nations and in the specific recommendations for spain within the european semester in 2019 and 2020 and covers key aspects of our economy and the energy system, education, business demography and the labour market.
Among the major reforms in the plan, are:
- The modernization and strengthening of the national health system
- Un nuevo sistema energético y despliegue de renovables, con una hoja de ruta del hidrógeno verde
- Modernization of justice
- The new economy of care
- La Ley de Aguas y plan de depuración, saneamiento, eficiencia, ahorro y reutilización
- The modernization and digitization of Public Administrations
- Policy and promotion of circular economy
- The strategy of sustainable mobility and connected.
- The reform of the national system of support for science and innovation
- A new housing policy
Immediate implementation of the recovery Plan
Pedro Sánchez has explained at the end of the meeting of the inter-ministerial commission that everything is prepared to begin to develop the first project s as soon as The recovery Plan. "the beneficial impact Of the Plan will begin to emerge from the first minute of his execution", pointed out by the chairman Of the government who has insisted that the plan is a country project for the coming decades and generations.
The plan will provide an additional growth of about two percentage points annually from 2021 to support the creation of more than 800 000 jobs during their period of implementation and improve the structuring of the country by setting population throughout the territory.
New version of the recovery Plan, transformation and Resilience (PDF)
Annexes to the recovery Plan, transformation and Resilience (PDF)
Official source of news